Sunday, July 5, 2009

Where has the year gone?

It dawned on me the other day, as I was filling out the renewal papers for this lovely apartment we moved into that a great deal of time has somehow escaped without my even noticing it. Just a year ago next weekend, we got our move in date, we were in the midst of sorting, packing and throwing away. I was happily building box towers in the living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, where ever there was a spare corner to put them and dreaming nightly of a place we could actually move around in and not fall all over each other.

And so here I am, getting ready to renew another year in a place where my mother's dining room furniture has been reunited after 5 long years apart. It now sits in happy contentment in my huge dining room. I can and have had over ten people in here at once and everybody sat comfortably together and had a lovely time. The cats have discovered the joy of wide window sills, open windows and once they forgave me for the trip up from Virginia ~ I believe it was finally last week~they've not only settled in here, but are sharing the house together for the first time since Sahara moved in with us three years ago. Robb is loving life in his big new room and for the most part, things are good.

No comments: