Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4330 minutes to go and counting down

You could say that I am beyond excited about picking up the keys to our new place. I cannot believe that we are finally just about there, a few more days before we sign our lives away and get presented with the keys to our new apartment.

We literally cannot move where we are now, each skinny little room of our current abode is lined with boxes, literally floor to ceiling and while this was a source of some amusement to the puddies as I started this process, the taller the box towers became the more anxiety ridden they have become. Py is now refusing to move off the sofa, whether out of fear that he will be grabbed and packed in something or because he now no longer fits behind any of those towers and therefore has no clue what lurks behind them, I'm not sure. Sahara has gone one step further, he's building cat forts everywhere, last night, he took up residence in the empty bottom shelf of the DVD cabinet in the livingroom and pulled the doors closed behind him. Robb has found this to be a grand adventure, delighting announcing how many days we have left and cleaning his room on a daily basis to make sure that no dust will accompany him to his new room. Last night, he was happily sorting through the boxes in his closet and making sure that all his belongings were lined up and ready to go, even though the furniture itself is not moving for another three weeks. And of course, I've only packed up about half of our stuff, there is literally no more room for boxes so this weekend, we are hauling boxes up there so that I can spend next weekend packing the rest of our stuff in preparation for moving all of it between the 13th and the 19th.

Robb's paperwork is in and they are already working on getting his slot for his program, that relief is unreal, he is so happy to be going back where he will be busy all day and have people to be with and a real job to do. He's done remarkably well during these three years we've been here and he has been home, he's matured and gotten more independent, but it's lonely at home with just him and cats and he needs to be out and about.

On the downside, the Big Guy's transfer is on hold, so he'll still be trekking back to Winchester to work, hopefully not for long. I've still not given notice because, well my boss hasn't been here. One thing or another has kept her out of the office for the last eight days and I have no clue when she is planning to return. My father has suggested I leave a note and make sure the lights are all turned off when I go, and it may come to that. Although I will probably give our board president a call and tell him today and ask him how to avoid the screaming hissy she will have when I tell her bye bye. I suspect she'll birth a bovine right here in the lobby when she finds out and I'm hoping that I'll at least be able to salvage a reference out of this. She is very Me first Me only oriented, so I suspect I'll be running for cover when it all comes down to it. The screaming fights she's had with Spouse of Boss in here have sent me hiding in the ladies room trying not to throw up on several occasions. Anxious? You bet your sweet cottontail I am.

Meanwhile, I'm off for another cup of coffee and to check my watch...there are now 4310 minutes to go Bounce





No comments: